The Sri Lankan chicken curry is a staple and a popular dish regardless of the time of day. Sri Lanka is one of the few places where you can have chicken curry for breakfast, usually with String Hoppers (Hand-pressed Rice Noodles in a small pancake shaped formation) or Kiribath (Milk Rice). We at RUCI have made it really easy to whip this up in your own kitchen with our RUCI Chicken Curry Paste.
- Serves: 2-4
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 500g Chicken (cleaned and cut to the desired size)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon RUCI Chicken Curry Paste
- 1 Large Onion cubed
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Water
- 1/4 Fresh Milk
- Mix RUCI Chicken curry paste in a dish with water
- Heat a pan, add oil, then the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes
- When onion turns translucent add the tomato saute and mix for 1 minute
- Once the tomato is mixed thoroughly add chicken and saute for 2 minutes
- Then add RUCI Chicken curry paste mixture from STEP 1, stir and cover the pan, cooking for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add milk, stir well, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- If you prefer a mild curry, add more milk in STEP 5 until you get the desired taste
- You can garnish this dish with a few sprigs of coriander leaves